Monday, April 17, 2006

...we're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

So, did everyone survive Easter with their families and partners?? I know it's really hard to make it through a holiday sometimes.
I wasn't actually gonna do 'a dinner' just throw a ham or turkey breast on the grill... but, oh no, it didn't turn out that way.

First, my oldest daughter and her husband called at noon, saying "Were on our way" "And where are you going?" I asked, hoping like hell it wasn't to MY house. No such luck. Yep, they had decided to come over for Easter Dinner. Oh Shit! Yes, I had enough food, but wasn't planning on 'doing' a dinner. I had an hour to mop the kitchen floor, and start putting everything together. I even had to send daughter two to the only open store to pick up a few more things...including Forks. I didn't have enough forks. I have no idea what happens to them, but I was two short.

...they arrive, the forks arrive, I look outside...and the sky was turning black. It had been raining on and off all morning, but now it really looked like a storm was coming.
I put the turkey AND ham into the oven instead of the grill. Good thing, the sky opened up an hour later and it rained non stop for hours.
Oh, I forgot to mention, we had a tornado during dinner. Yep, a real twister. Only thing, we didn't even know it. We live waaaay out on the edge of our little tiny town and don't hear the sirens. But, my friend Jo called later saying she say on the news that, yes indeed a tornado had come right into our little world.

I know when it came through, although I didnt know it at the time...We were sitting in the kitchen eating, when lightening was hitting all around the yard. The basketball poll and back board were waving and bending. You couldn't even see to the other side of the field. It was all foggy. The lights blinked, the roof sounded like it was coming off...and then it was gone. The rain continued the rest of the night though.
Around seven tonight, another one popped up and we got it again. No damage though, thank goodness.
So, I don't know which is worse, family or tornados. Years ago as a new mother and wife, I would have taken tornados and blizzards over my mother in law any day of the week. What a controlling witch she was. Bitter? me? nah, I'm not still mad and bitter, nope not me.

So, I hope everyone had a great day, ever how it went.

Deb

No comments: