Sunday, April 16, 2006

HAPPY EASTER

Happy Easter to All. No matter how you celebrate it, I hope it is a great day for you. Whether it is a faithful day, or more chocolate bunny's and colored eggs, may it bring you what you need.

I actually miss doing the baskets and hiding the eggs. Ok, maybe for just a minute, I lapse into the young mother wanting to give my kids every thing society says I must give them. The bigger and Better. But, I gotta tell ya, after a few years of doing the eggs, I passed it back to MY mother. Her eggs were always better anyhow. I began to hate doing the pretty eggs.
The buying of the eggs, the boiling of the eggs, the mixing of the vinegar and dye, the mess that followed, and all the same colored looking eggs. Ok, so my kids were a little Easter egg challenged when it came to the colors. The dog didn't mind.
The 'dog' was and still is a yellow lab. He is now 14 and has doggie alzheimers. But back in the day, we would hide the eggs, and HE would hide behind us and eat them once we werent looking. Honestly, one year he ate three dozen hard boiled eggs, shells and all. Didn't seem to bother his cholesterol at all, he's still with us.

So, maybe someday I'll have a grandchild to make baskets for...WHO am I kidding? I don't want to do baskets and eggs EVER, EVER again. I like handing my kids twenty bucks, and saying HAPPY EASTER! No mess, no fuss, and then it's over with.
Amen to that!

No comments: