Wednesday, April 12, 2006

...Affirmations?

Ok, all I can say about tonight's class is....Remember "Stuart Smalley from saturday night live? ("I'm good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!" Well, that's basically what I kept thinking tonight while we were listening to the self help crap tape someone brought. And, that the lady doing the narration couldn't be SANDRA BERNHARD. All I could picture during the LOOONG damn tape was of her gap spaced teeth. And then I would flip back to...."I'm good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me. I like myself." So, maybe not the most productive of classes.

I know I should have tried to get into the right frame of mind, but 'darn' it, I'm not paying fifteen dollars to have Sandra Bernhard telling me that I'm LOOOVED, LOOOOVED, LOOOVED. If that tape had said how much I was LOOOOVED one more time, I think I would have chucked it out the 'darn' window.

Oooo K. I'm better. Nothing like a little venting to clear the ol chaukras and make me feel new and refreshed. And throwing a cassette player out into the front yard would have made me extremely happy and feeling fruitful.
Maybe, I'd be better off taking a karate or maybe kick boxing class instead? All this namby pamby I AM LOOOOVED crap just gets under my all too thin skin sometimes. OOOOH Breath...Breath..."

No comments: