Saturday, May 27, 2006

What are you all doing this weekend?

Any one doing anything? Tell us all what you have lined up.
I have no plans. If I do anything I'll work on the book, and I do need to measure my front porch. I want to enclose one side in lattice work, and take the same design around to the flower bed. But, to do this, I first need to buy an electric saw. I damn well know we used to have a circular saw, but I can't find the stinking thing now. I know we had one because I used it to make the herb garden.

Hubby went to work and I pulled everything I needed out of the garage and built the damn thing myself. He wouldn't do it, so I did. I drug out the saw horses, the saw, the goggles and two 8x8 planks. I measured, I marked, I cut. I then I shoveled out where I wanted the garden, put the planks into tracks I had dug out, nailed them together, hinged the sides, and planted all my herbs. I then made a top for it. Taking smaller pieces of wood, nailed those together at the corners, attached plastic to the 'top' and hinged it to one side. So, when it was too cool, I could cover it.
Hubby came home and kept asking who I hired to make it? Idiot. I am woman, hear me build. And I AM still gonna buy myself that air compressed nail gun. I really want a nail gun with the air compressor. I totally get how Tim Allen felt when I stand in Sears and look at those power tools. ARR ARR ARR.

Everybody have a great, safe weekend.

No comments: