Monday, September 04, 2006

Old friend, New direction

Isn't it funny how time changes things, and people too it seems.

I have had a very good, best friend for twenty four years. In the past two years she has disappeared from our lives, almost completely. She resurfaces now and again when she has the time for us, which used to hurt and make us furious. She had time for her looser boyfriends and their drug habits, but not the people who have had her back all these years.

She made it out to dinner with us Saturday night for my birthday. Jodie didn't find it unsettling, but I felt she was different, a bit combative especially with the waitress. lol. But, the thing that was pissing me off the most was everything that Jodie and I mentioned on the menu that we'd had that we thought was good, she poo pooed. "I don't like Alfredo sauce, I don't like this...I don't want that." I wanted to reach over and smack her.

I've thought about this for the last two days, trying to figure out what made me mad about Saturday night. I just guess I feel like she's not the same person she always has been, but this isn't a new thought, she has changed over the last two years. Pulled away, and threw our friendships in our faces until she needs someone to talk to. Then were good enough again.
But this time I finally and concretely decided I've had enough. I'm done. I don't need to do dinner or lunch anymore, I don't need none of it anymore. It makes me sad that it has come to this point, but it has and I have.

No comments: