Thursday, July 06, 2006

FAME!

Fame...I'M GONNA LIVE FOREVER...BABY REMEMBER MY NAME!

Ok, today I was shopping and I was reminded of something I almost did to my kids a bunch of years ago.
In the store today there was a mom with a few younger kids in tow, maybe ten or eleven. She looked haggard and about to snap. The kids kept picking on each other and one kept 'telling' on the others. "Mom, she hit me. Mom, why does she get to get that? why can't I get the ...blah blah blah" you get the picture. The mother was trying to ignore them to no avail. At this point I remembered a similar incident involving me and my two younger ones. They weren't as annoying as these three, but damn close. I kept telling them to stop. They continued to bug me and everyone around me, for another ten or fifteen minutes.
I finally snapped. Though, I didn't yell, nor did I beat them to death the yellow Wal-Mart smiley face. I did calmly remind them of the movie Fame. And told them if they did not cease at that very moment, that I would surely as the sun would rise tomorrow, I would run down the aisle with my arms and head thrown back, stick out my chest, dancing all the all the way, and jumping while I was singing at the top of my lungs...

FAME, I'M GONNA LIVE FOREVER, I'M GONNA LEARN HOW TO FLY....FAME....

It was just enough of a shock that they stopped and stared at me like I had three heads. They weren't quite sure if I would do it or not.

And just to prove to them I would have done it, I did too a little run and jump in the parking lot, singing. They were horrified and mortified. I loved it!
It was months before they misbehaved in a store again.

Parents have got to keep these kids on their toes. Keep them guessing what you might do all the time. If they think you are crazy, they won't push you that far.

Paybacks are a bitch.

No comments: