Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October 30.

My daughter made me laugh and think tonight.
She asked me what we were doing for class tomorrow night? did we have anything special planned? not sure what 'special' kind of thing she thought we would be doing. lol.

When I told her that class was cancelled because our teacher wasn't feeling well...
"HI KAREN!"
She looked at me funny and said...
"Of all the nights of the year for class to be cancelled, The night when the veil is the thinnest between this world and the next, and you don't have class? wow how strange. What will you do?"

I just stared at her.
"I guess I'll just have to find another bunch of witches to hang out with."

She laughed and seemed kinda sad that I wouldn't be doing anything special on Oct 30.
I don't know why it surprised me that she would know about the veil and all, but it did take me by surprise though. My little girl isn't so little anymore.

I never really thought any thing of it, but in my family, we always did something special on Oct 30. My mom always made a cake or something. That was the spirit night, not Halloween. Not sure why. Everywhere I look online All hallows eve is Halloween, with all saints day being Nov 1st. Samhain also being Nov 1st.
I found the 30 is name day or something, but nothing really important. Wonder why the witches in my family celebrated the 30th? hmm. And why my daughter whom I've never really told about anything about Oct 30 should bring it up? and to believe it is the day to commune with spirits the easiest, not Halloween. I guess Gene memory strikes again. It's in our genes.

Side note:

My mom passed over on Oct 30th 1996. No surprise there. Strange huh.

Well, if the spirits are gonna come a calling, at least they can do is bring a cake or something.

Tell me what and when you guys celebrate.

And what is October 30th in the grand scheme of things.

No comments: