Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dead rodent walking....


What is bigger? and badder? and meaner than your average rodent? and who just freaked me and the dog completely out?
I don't know either, but it just killed a large sounding rat in my heat vent. Soooooo, what could be bigger and badder than a rat? and be stalking rodents in my basement? I really don't want to know. As long 'it' stays in the basement or under the house or where ever away from me.
Yes, Murphy and I are freaked out, but I'm a bit intrigued as well. We heard a noise, Murphy and I both looked towards the heat vent. And the noise started squealing and yelling. Murphy jumped on the bed and stared at me. "I'm scared mommy." he seemed to be saying to me. Then the squealing suddenly stopped..." Murphy jumped down and inched his way over and looked in the vent. Nothing there. At least that we could see.
Honestly, what could it be? all three cats are accounted for. It could be another neighborhood cat I suppose who is under the house in the crawl space I guess. It is currently like -25 below zero with the wind chill outside, so everything that is usually OUTSIDE, has made their way INSIDE. At least under and sheltered. So, I wonder if there is maybe a way for outside things to somehow get inside through the basement? I honestly wouldn't know. I don't go down in that dungeon of a basement, not even when the tornado came within ten feet of my house. I'll take my chances up here with the living, thanks very much. That basement just creeps the hell right out of me.
It's really nothing more than a glorified cellar. It has mud floors, the oil tank, water heater and fuse box. I'll sit in the dark, before I go down there alone. The steps are planks with no backing, so if you've ever watched any kind of horror movie, you know what I'm always thinking? yep, hand through from behind, I will do falling, break something and have to try and crawl away from horrible thing hiding behind the steps. The trap door with slam shut, and my brain will be eatin by zombies or something just as horrible, perhaps that over zealous Jehovah witness who will NOT take the hint that I don't need any more WATCHTOWER pamphlets. Honestly people, how many can one person possibly read in one lifetime?
STOP KNOCKING ON MY DOOR!
...I'm sorry, I digress...
So, the thing can have free reign down there as far as I'm concerned. Maybe he and the Watchtower guy can plan a take over of the government together. But don't count me in, I'm not interested in serving my brains up for just any old cocktail hour.

No comments: